About Me

My photo
* CASUAL FASHIONISTA * MUSIQUE ENTHUSIAST * YOGHURT LOVER * AVID DAYDREAMER sweet, sour, tangy, bitter. Take your pick.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Saltwater Room

Apologies for the lack of posting here. I found another software in which I put my journal entries. Will post them up pretty soon. Have no fret, there is still deep and passionate inside writing.
Anyways, I'll give you the hoo-ha. It's almost halfway through summer na. Am recovering from the flu. Meanwhile, everyone is looking up to Obama for hope amidst the crisis and the swine flu is increasingly becoming more epidemic. I'm in this oasis of time in which I do not feel severely affected by any of this. Maybe in 20 years when I'm officially an adult, so in my way of thinking, be stressed in those years and not now. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy life while you can.
The song, "The Saltwater Room" is the song that's in my current life soundtrack. My summer soundtrack is coming up quite nicely. Lately however, the choice of music is quite limited but hopefully it will change this year. I expect to broaden it even more, and explore the local music scene and whatnot. Maybe explore the punk rock scene in Australia or something, I don't know.
I've been in the dilemna between my family sometimes. In a way I want to get away from it. First things first, my mom. Right now, I'm okay but it's just some things in her nature in which I really can't stand sometimes. This morning, I had to wake up with her voice ringing in my ear complaining about how we take my dad's job for granted. Sometimes she just has to do it randomly without any specific incident leading up to it, which is pretty downright annoying. That's what being how many miles away from her almost makes me immune from it. Now as I'm exposed to it, it hurts twice as much.
Sometimes, in order to fulfill my materialistic needs (like wanting to have a new digital camera, simply because of not feeling beautiful through the lens of my current one or new branded clothes or something), I want to try my luck in modelling. But the thing is, I really don't want to do the first step. If I'm scouted or something, then okay, maybe. In Indonesia, I'm surrounded by beautiful friends. I have like five friends whose already signed up in some modelling agency. Maybe or maybe not it's in the cards for me. We'll just see. But I'm going to keep telling myself to pay close attention to my fashion sense, and my weight issues.
Yes, in freshman year I've been gaining weight like crazy. The ol' Freshman 10. McDonalds dinner, lack of exercising, and unfortunate snacking. Hopefully sophomore I won't gain as much as I did. I'm using the time I have in Jakarta to exercise as much as I can.
Anyways, yesterday I overheard my parents talking about the infamous grandmother. The grandmother who's quite stingy and grabs all our money when she has the chance to. I know that I have to understand the situation that we are in, but sometimes, it's just over the line. There are so many things that she's done that hurt our family in a way. The worst part is that, we really never had a relationship with her. Yeah, sometimes we make small talk with her but then it's nothing that's really close, you know?I guess the difference in cultures and the time spent apart can be blamed for it. I promise myself that I will get close to my grandkids no matter what. I'll tell him what happened in my life and listen to theirs.I want to be the grandmother who tells them the music that I used to listen and we'd talk while eating the cookies I baked.

No comments: